… the first post in what I hope will be a regular feature here…
Sometimes life gets stressful, right? All the moving from place to place, taking care of business, getting what we need, making plans, putting out the fires, starting new ones… I’ve been trying to write for three weeks now. And I haven’t been able to get one single blog post out. Aaargh. I have been as “scrooged” as can be. Bah humbug.
This morning however, I watched my kids play a game of “hide and seek” and it changed my whole perspective. You know that game, right? It’s simple. Kids love it, and they play it over and over at a certain age. But to my son all the pieces of this game coming together is … well, it’s just beautiful, maybe miraculous. Is that too dramatic? Perhaps. But if you know a child with autism, then I bet you can understand why a game of hide and seek could instantly change my bad attitude in a seemingly miraculous way.
Today I am grateful for:
- A game of hide and seek initiated by Alex. The fact that he asked Hannah to play, he found a hiding place while she counted, and when she couldn’t find him right away, he made funny little noises to lead her to him. No adults involved, folks– no adults involved!
- The fact that Alex’s stuffed animal kitty “played” too.
- Chocolate Yerba Mate tea.
- Hot water.
- The fact that Alex & Hannah greeted our wonderful babysitter at the door with such joyful commotion you’d have thought Santa Claus had made an encore appearance!
- Hannah’s snuggling & snoring last night.
What are you grateful for today? Write it down & email me!